Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Plans, coordinates, and manages the accounting function in conformance with established Bank strategies, policies and procedures. Provides leadership and guidance to the accounting team including establishing department policies and procedures. Serves as a key contributor across the bank representing the accounting function.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Maintains broad oversight of all functions within the accounting department, including but not limited to reconciliations, wire transfers, cash positioning, interfacing, postings, accounts payable and other related responsibilities. In conjunction with the Assistant Controller, ensures all work of the accounting team is accurate, timely and in accordance with various bank policies.
- Ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of department staff. Conducts annual performance reviews for directly reporting staff; provides ongoing training, development and coaching to accounting department staff. Serves as accounting team leader.
- Responsible for departmental policies and procedures. Maintains a current risk assessment of accounting area in compliance with FDICIA.
- Responsible for month end and year end processing of bank and all affiliated companies.
- Produces monthly and annual balance sheet, income statement and investment reports for various companies. Fulfills individual responsibilities of the Assistant Controller as needed.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of accounting. Attends relevant seminars and conferences. Ensures staff keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments. Recommends procedural changes as needed to support prescribed requirements.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with tax accountants, external auditors, regulators/examiners and internal auditors. Gathers data and reviews information prepared for audits and tax returns. Prepares annual report including footnotes.
- Has knowledge of investments and tax implications. Develops quarterly tax reports measuring accruals and expenses/benefits. Responsible for timely payment of taxes.
- Participates in various project implementations in order to ensure successful integration with Accounting policies and procedures
- Serves on various management committees as needed. Participates in short and long term planning. Manages relationships with correspondent banks and vendors.
- Represents the Bank through participation in various community and industry related activities. Actively promotes interest in the Bank wherever and whenever possible.
Perform related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Seven years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience within a depository financial institution.
- Very strong managerial and leadership skills to coach, develop and grow the capabilities of department staff.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning and communications skills. Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Strong understanding of the various state and federal regulations relating to financial institution accounting.
- Strong financial systems / applications knowledge (Fiserv Prologue preferred) and strong general computing skills including advanced Excel skills.
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled