Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
About Fidelity Bank:
Founded in 1888, Fidelity Bank is one of the strongest independent community banks in Central and Eastern Massachusetts. Celebrating its 20 year anniversary as the brand promise to the community, Fidelity Bank’s unique LifeDesign approach to banking provides the care and clarity needed to make informed decisions with confidence. The Bank offers a range of personal and business banking solutions to clients in 13 full-service banking centers in Leominster, Worcester, Fitchburg, Needham, Gardner, Shirley, Barre, Millbury, Paxton, Princeton, and Winchendon. The Bank has consistently earned a “5 Star” rating from BauerFinancial, Inc., the nation’s leading independent bank rating and research firm. Fidelity Bank was the only bank in Central and Western Massachusetts recognized as one of Forbes “America’s Best Banks in Each State 2022,” in addition to being voted Worcester Telegram & Gazette Best Financial Services in Central Massachusetts and placing on the Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work list six times. As of December 31, 2022, the bank had total assets of approximately $1.4 billion. For more information, visit www.fidelitybankonline.com or www.facebook.com/fidelitybankma.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, performs a variety of accounting functions for the Bank and its subsidiaries in conformance with established policies and procedures related to day-to-day operations. Provides administrative support and assistance to department staff as needed.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
All associates of the Bank regardless of title or responsibilities must share a common commitment to creating and expanding the Advisory Culture of the Bank through building relationships, providing a seamless customer experience at every touch point, ensuring the customers best interests, and increasing customer value at every opportunity.
· Provides the highest level of customer service in a positive, courteous, and enthusiastic manner to employees, customers/clients, and the community.
· Monitors daily Fed position and reports daily liquidity position to the Director of Finance, Controller, and CFO. Processes daily cash transactions based on established guidelines and assists the Director of Finance, Controller, and CFO with liquidity management functions. Must be available to pull late ACH activity detail at 5:30pm each day.
· Performs daily reconciliation of the Federal Reserve account and working with the Operations staff, will research and clear any reconciling items in a timely manner.
· Assists with the preparation of the budget and prepare forecasting reports.
· Performs monthly reconciliations on a variety of accounts and prepares related accounting entries. Researches and resolves discrepancies.
· Participates in the monthly close process.
· Assists with special projects and implementation of new procedures in the Accounting Department.
· Creates and prepares a variety of management, committee, and Board reports in consultation with the Director Finance, Controller, and CFO.
· Provides as a backup to other Department team members as necessary.
· Maintains Brokered CDs documentation, processes settlements and payments in accordance with established procedures. Tracks swap interest payments and processes accordingly.
· Other duties as may be required.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and four years’ experience in a financial service setting and/or accounting experience. Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Strong knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet software. Must be available to work additional time as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, and be self-motivated, organized, and detail driven. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.
Fidelity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.