Our Core Values
Customer First ¨ Guanxi ¨ Ownership ¨ Passion ¨ Do More With Less
About 1A Auto
1A Auto is a high growth e-commerce company and we pride ourselves on employing the best talent. Each team member brings a unique skill set to the table and collectively have a track record of accomplishing the most challenging of goals. We are an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great “can-do” culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
We embrace our purpose which is to be passionate about empowering people to do their own auto repairs. Our company’s mission is to make your car projects go smoothly and to become your trusted source for auto parts. We treat our customers like family. And our niche is to provide great value, exceptional customer service and education to make customers confident in their decision to do their own repairs.
Seeking a hands-on Controller to lead the accounting function and maximize return on financial assets. Responsible for financial controlling, execution, and management of the Accounting and Finance duties. This position requires prior experience and excellence in financial analysis, accounting, forecasting, and reporting with an emphasis on profitable performance. High level of technical expertise as it pertains to accounting and business intelligence systems. The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Working environment includes:
- High transactional volume
- Annual growth in excess of 25%
- Data driven decision making
- Privately held business with unique financing requirements
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day management of all aspects of Financial Analysis, Accounting Operations, including accounts payable, general ledger management, internal controls, external audits, cash management and payroll
- Lead budgeting & forecasting process, driving to a plan that meets company targets.
- Prepare timely and accurate GAAP financial statements and reports, driven by tightly managed monthly/quarterly close process
- Identify cost savings, mitigate risks and opportunities throughout the close processes
- Provide detailed variance analysis on P/L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements; enforcing accountability and initiating corrective actions
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in all processes
- Manage and maintain the internal control environment, including the safeguard of assets, ensure that transactions are recorded properly and minimize all opportunities for fraud or impropriety
- Manage key external relationships including auditors, bankers, and tax preparers
- Act as liaison for quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors
- Manage, mentor and provide development path for team members, including hiring, training, motivating and addressing performance issues
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt agreements
- 6+ years of experience with 4+ in a managerial capacity
- Robust knowledge of GAAP and ability to effectively and accurately apply principles throughout areas of responsibility.
- High level technical experience using Great Plains or similar ERP software
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Proven high level expertise with technical abilities
- Director level relationship management and negotiation experience is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated influencing abilities
- Strong business and financial analysis skills
- Proven ability to operate at high level and dive into details when necessary
- Strong decision-making ability
- Organizational and time-management skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Limited International and Domestic travel required
- E-commerce or retail experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA preferred. MBA a plus.
Please note: This job description is not all inclusive, but rather is intended to capture the majority of the job functions.