Perform a variety of general accounting support tasks involving accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable/receivables). Process, reconcile and balance various accounting reports and functions to achieve Company goals and objectives while maintaining proper accounting policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Engage in all critical and confidential aspects of Company’s accounting
• Responsible for updating, developing and/or improvement of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance
• Duties requiring broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues
• Handle confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect
• Prepare monthly financial and various detailed analyses
• Perform the tasks on the attached Performance Standards
• Interacts with Company’s CPA
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations & Sales, or the President of the Company.
The person holding this position reports to the Director of Sales & Operations. The short term/long term goal is to have he/she manage and direct the accounting staff to achieve company goals and objectives.
Education and Experience: Prefer Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting and/or 5 years of Accounting experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems or resolve issues.
• Proficient working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software preferred
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting, including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
• Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
• Be up to date with modern technology, allowing the ability to communicate to customers and the office. Such communication may include but is not limited to: cellular phone(s), email, customer employee interaction software and human resource information system.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay range is $18-$21/hr